Getting exceptional people to perform exceptionally, that’s talent management. Having the right people in the right place/position in your company, can provide you with the competitive edge you’ve been looking for.
Talent is measurable
In order to manage and develop talent, you first have to know what they are. Talent assessment provides a systematic approach to find out:
- What competencies predict performance and success in a specific job/corporate position
- Who are the people that have these competencies that will make them a successful employee
- Who are the people that need some further development
- Who are the people that are fit for job rotation and/or promotion
Measuring talent has positive consequences
Both you and your staff will benefit from knowing exactly what your talents and competencies are.
- When people feel like they are fulfilling their potential, they will have a higher level of job satisfaction
- You’ll improve the return on investment on the talent
- We can predict the future job performance of the employee
The seven steps of an assessment
Step one: Develop the competency matrix in line with the target job
– What are the competencies that differentiate between superior and average performance for the job?
– How do we define the ‘to look for’ competencies?
– How do these competencies translate into behavior?
– On what level of the competency does the company require the employee to perform?
Step two: Select or develop assessment tools
Examples of measuring tools that can be used in an assessment:
– Inbox exercises
– Coaching exercises
– Vision presentation/ strategy speeches
– Behavioral event interview
– Personality test – We are authorized by Hogan, SHL and Psychometrics Canada for Personality Assessment tools
– Group discussion
Step three: Assess the competencies of the candidates for the job
The candidate participating in the assessment gets the opportunity to give a talk about his competencies and to demonstrate them in front of a team of professional assessors.
During the assessment, the candidate receives a score on the competencies presented.
R&S management consultancy strives for the highest level of objectivity in the evaluation of the candidate’s strengths and areas of improvement. Our knowledge, experience and professional approach makes this possible.
R&S assessors classify different competencies from different exercises
Evaluation of each participant by a group of internal and external assessors.
Analyzing the gap in skills between the job description and the candidate. Listing optional development actions.